Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Book Thief Entry 2

(Comment On Cicero's)

I really liked Max too. Is it weird that I wanted Liesel and Max to hook up? I know they are like more than ten years apart but I really want them to end up together. In the end, Zusak didn't say whether they did, but I like to think it happened. There's a part where Death says Max sort of replaced her brother so that means they were close and cared for each other. Liesel just needed to get a little bit older... and then they could fall in love! I gave up on Liesel and Rudy very early in the book considering it was known that Rudy was going to die. I was completely freaking out when Liesel saw Max on his way to Dachau. That was such an emotional and powerful scene! They had both been looking for each other! Then they get to see each other briefly. It was so painful when Max said "You have to let go of me, Liesel". And then when Liesel continued to walk with him and said lines from the Word Shaker. It was so sad! And he had to continue to walk to what he thought was his death! I was so happy when he turned out to be alive! There was so much death. Everyone had died. But then Max turns out to be alive! I thought he was for sure dead because of Dachau but he wasn't! It's good Liesel got to keep at least one person she loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment